Wednesday, May 16, 2012

So far, so good...

Though, I have chosen not to get on the scale until Friday morning I feel really good about my first two days back on the wagon.  It's amazing what a serious attitude adjustment will do for a really bad frame of mind.   I have walked for 2 days in a row.  I'm taking today off but will go to the gym tomorrow and Friday after work.   My goal is to make myself go out onto the gym floor and do some strength training even if there are people there (these are the moments that I miss Curves).  The women's locker room has cardio equipment inside, so I don't have to venture out for cardio unless I want to.  I've decided I am going to look at the situation differently.  I am not going to focus on what people are thinking about me weight, I'm going to focus on the inspiration I will become to them when they see me reaching my goals and becoming, healthier, stronger and more physically fit.  Pray that I don't chicken out, the first steps are hard, but usually after the first step the next ones are a bit easier. 

It was good therapy for me to write out a list of my skinny girl dreams.  One of them actually helped remind me this morning while I was driving and fighting the craving for a sausage cheese biscuit....my seat belt was driving me crazy at just the right moment and it was a great "light bulb" moment.  That sausage cheese biscuit is only good for 10 bites and then its gone and the guilt sets in and the seat belt gets tighter!  That is not the future I see for the skinny girl inside!  That is what I call an NSV (non scale victory).

 Robin - 1   Food - 0

No comments: