Monday, October 13, 2008

Back to the real world...

...after a nice fun long weekend. I took Friday off and so did my BFF, she came to the house and we spent the day watching chick flicks and scrappin'! It was a fabulous peaceful and productive day. Our husbands decided we are both much more productive in that setting. I completed 13 pages, 12 of which were in a vacation album that I just wanted to be done with (so they were very simple) and Dawn did 9 (I think). I guess they just don't get the whole idea of a crop is not just about the pages, but about the fellowship, friendships and fun we have when we get together with a bunch of other scrappers for the night! But, at least now that ASF is closed we do still have my house until another option makes itself available to us.


Saturday I went and did some more Christmas shopping and then we went to the fair that evening with Dawn, Jeff, their kids and their friends. It was hot when we first arrived, but not long after it was perfect fair weather with a nice breeze, we had a great time.

The petting zoo was quite an experience the goats were cute but quite hungry.....




and the camel well he was quite friendly as you can see. I guess he really wanted that carrot in my hand, but he kind of freaked me out when he made it clear he wanted it, as you can see, ha.


Sunday was another lovely church service, then lunch at Keifers. We had to go there after not buying a gyro at the fair either time we went because they were ridiculously priced and Keifers' is much better anyways. After that we went to visit Rocky's brother who was in the hospital. Still not sure what is up, but he was running fever and chills with no other symptoms so they were being cautious because of the undefined brain tumor and the meds that he takes. So far, still no diganosis as to the cause of the fever, but he was borderline dehydrated also. He was feeling better when we saw him and hoping to go home today. Keep them in your prayers please. After that we went home and I just vegged the rest of the day. I went to bed at 8:00 and watched TV till 10, then it was off to lala land.

So, that's it for my nice long fun weekend, hope you had a great one and have a fabulous upcoming week.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I LOVE the camel picture...Hee! Hee!