Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Robin...are you really hungry?

I have a small dry erase board on my refrigerator with this question written on it?

After reading my chapter today (Mark 8) and then reading the devotional that our pastor's wife writes every day, my mind and heart have been stirred about hunger all day long.

My first thought is that my body was created to tell me when its hungry, God made it that way and yet over the years I was able to destroy that mechanism by overloading the system on a continual basis. Gradually over the past 6 months I have seen that hunger mechanism being restored in me. It has taken determination, dedication and sheer perseverance at times, but my body is again letting me know when it's hungry.

My next thought is that I believe that when God made me into a new creation a hunger for Him was part of that process. I can see that like the natural hunger mechanism for food that it is possible to ignore the hunger for Him and feed the longings and desires within you with so many other things that you no longer recognize the gnawing feeling as a hunger for God but simply a need from within to fill a void. As with natural hunger I am thankful that He never leaves or forsakes me, I am determined to see that mechanism to be completely restored in me!

Father, I ask right now for restoration of an overwhelming hunger for time with You and time in Your word. Forgive me for feeding my spirit more often than not with things that are not from you. I ask Lord that anybody reading this would also see a need and desire to be truly HUNGRY for YOU! In Jesus name, AMEN!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Robin for your thoughts.

Babydoll said...

Wow!! What a great message! I guess I should ask myself this more often too. :)