Thursday, August 27, 2009

Signs....

...of real change are becoming clear. With the program I am on my daily calorie amount changes weekly. It's a 6 week cycle and the last 2 weeks are 2000/2500 calories per day so every time I get to the end of the cycle I plan 1 night out that I can eat whatever I want and as much of it as I want. No guilt allowed. This is the last week of the cycle so I chose to go to Olive Garden and indulge in the "Never Ending Pasta Bowl". This is a tradition for us, we wait every year for them to have it and as is our habit we usually go 2 times while they have this promotion (only 1 time this year). We love it. Anyways, in the past I've always been easily able to enjoy at least 2.5 servings of pasta, plus ample breadsticks and salad. Not this time....I ate all of the original serving, ordered the 2nd serving basically on principle (just had to cause I could) and I was unable to even eat 1/2 of that serving. I could have forced the issue but I was so tickled by the reality that I was aware of being full and chose to stop before I made myself miserable for the next 4 hours that I chose not to. I'm amazed daily at how right choices are becoming second nature and so thankful that when temptation comes that I have a God whose small still voice reminds me of how far I've come. So glad to be a daughter of the Most High God!

No comments: