Wednesday, January 7, 2015

To Do List.....



Rock n' Robin September 2014 (Blowfly Inn)
If felt good to tell my story yesterday.  I mentioned a list of things I dreamed of doing after weight loss.  Today I am posting that list so we can see just how many things I still want to do or have already been accomplished!

Key: 
Red = completed
Black = still on list to complete




The dreams of the skinny girl hiding inside of me...

  • buying clothes off the rack of any store
  • seat belts that fit correctly 
  • ability to wear a seat belt in all cars, not just some makes and models
  • enjoying a day at the water park without shame and embarrassment
  • being comfortable in movie theater seats
  • para sailing
  • canoeing
  • white water rafting
  • playing softball again
  • underclothes that fit like they are supposed to
  • taking pictures without trying to hide behind everybody else 
  • picture taking without having to find the best angle for my face not to look fat
  • 5 mile hike at Cade's Cove in Gatlinburg
  • bike riding
  • not choosing the handicap bathroom stall because the others feel to small
  • feeling beautiful even if nobody tells me I am
  • speaking in front of people without wanting to crawl under the podium because I feel like a cow
  • not dreading going to the doctor because I know what they are thinking even if they don't say it.
  • wearing a pretty dress and semi high heels for elegant night on a cruise and being comfortable and confident doing so.
  • not needing a seat belt extender on an airplane
  • not wanting to hide in the locker room at the gym
How exciting!  There are other things that I wanted to do but they somehow didn't make this list, they clearly weren't on my mind at the moment.  So now I will list the things I can do now that I couldn't do before that seem very insignificant to somebody who take for granted that they can do it

  • painting my own toes!
  • tying my shoes 
  • jumping jacks (just because I wanted to be able to, not because I like doing them)
  • sitting in a booth at a restaurant and not having to move the table to fit
  • taking notes or filling out a form using my lap 
  • crossing my legs
  • just plain being comfortable in my own skin
  • not always having to find a wide path in a room full of tables/people
There is no way to put every thing that has changed into words.  I am beyond thankful that God's plans were better than my own.  I am amazed at how He laid it all out and each piece fit perfectly together.  My life will never be the same.  

There are still struggles because it was definitely not an instant fix to the food problems. In those times there is this beautiful reminder (my scar) of what God did for me. On bad days He has even reminded me not to lightly esteem (disregard) the the gift that He has given me.  His grace is unending and I will praise, worship and serve Him all the days of my life.  He is the Lord of my life and I am thankful not only for my scar but for the scars that Jesus bore for my healing (spiritually, physically, emotionally).


No comments: