Sunday, December 30, 2007

So, it's been 5 days....

....and I have only eaten when I was hungry and not overeaten one single time. There has been such grace during these past days. I am feeling strong & determined and I believe it's because that "Word" light bulb came on. Which was revelation to not just my spirit but to my mind, will & emotions which make up my soul. I see a future and it isn't one that involves self loathing and fat clothes. It doesn't involve having to ask for a table and not a booth at a restaurant because I don't fit. It doesn't involve seat belts that won't go around me, how unsafe is that? I see my future and it's so bright that I'll have to wear shades.

I find myself thinking about food and then speaking the word over myself, that I am an overcomer, that I am more than a conqueror, that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. And I have overcome to this point. Then I find myself doing what I do best...overanlalyzing me. Why am I constantly thinking of food. And in this past few days, I find that if I keep busy I'm not thinking of food, it's when I'm bored that food creeps in. So, pretty much it means, I can't be lazy, not sure what I'll do with myself at work, but at least I can limit what is available to eat and that will help. I've been keeping myself busy this evening since Rocky left doing some much needed culling of kitchen cabinets and drawers. I still have a few to tackle, but now finally I think my body is on the verge of telling me its hungry.

I am amazed at how little food it takes to keep a body going. You can look over the last 5 days and see just how little. But, I also took a sneak peek at the scale this morning and it said 290! I know that quick loss will probably only last about 2 weeks and in reality I know that is better for me, so it's all good. I'll be curious to see what it says on Wednesday morning when it's been a week.

Well, I'm off to tackle at least one more drawer in the kitchen. Thanks for reading, praying and keeping me accountable. Love ya all.

No comments: