Friday, December 28, 2007

Visit with the Massey's

Some of our dearest friends came to town yesterday and we were glad to be able to meet them for dinner last night. Thankfully I knew they were coming and surpassed hunger about 5:15 so that I'd be hungry when we met them for dinner. I did very well and even though it was difficult not to eat more biscuits (they are one of my absolute faves), I did not do it. I was satisfied and pleased with my ability to stick to my guns.

Brooklyn & Carson are growing up so fast. It's amazing to watch them continue to grow into amazing little people. They are so sweet, well behaved and absolutely adorable, not to mention they love their Uncle Rocky & Aunt Robin. Palmer (18 months) is growing up fast, but its harder to see him because he doesn't know me and it breaks my heart each time. He did warm up some and we were able to enjoy watching him and spending time with him, but he just didn't want to come to me. He did end up letting Rocky hold him but only because Trent passed him off, he did not want to leave Steph's arms when she had him. He is a super flirt and was very social with all the people at the tables around us. I think they have another heart stealer on their hands. Why am I not surprised, hee hee.

Anyways, nothing much going on today. We are going to take all the Christmas decorations (in the office) down so that when we come back next week for the New Year everything will be back to normal. Not looking forward to the process but I am looking forward to normal. Besides it will keep us busy this afternoon. If we start about 3 it should make that last 1.5 hours go quickly.

Tonight Dawn N. & I are going to the crop at ASF. It will be fun, it's the last one of the year and she's calling it the New Years Eve Eve Eve Crop. She's a mess, but it'll be fun. I'll have to be very cautious and not indulge on the junk that will surely be available. But, I can do it, my will power is very strong right now and I will do fine. I need to print some pictures today so I can have something to work with this evening, that might help.

It's 8:50 a.m. and so far not hungry yet. It's interesting to think about how little food my body has actually needed in the past 2 days and then it really makes me think about how much I have been overfeeding myself. But, that's okay, all things are made new and all I can do is keep looking forward and go from now....so that's what I'm doing.

When I do get hungry I'll post a food track for today.

No comments: