Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Home from Vacation...

We had a fabulous cruise. The ship was beautiful and HUGE. I don't think I ever really got a grip on where I was or where I was going but she is marvelous nonetheless.

Carnival Conquest February 2009
We spent much more time just relaxing this trip and that was a nice change of pace. We didn't do anything that we didn't both feel drawn to do. I spent time on the balcony and read 1.5 books looking at the beautiful ocean. It was dreamy.

We were able to take a tour of the galley and that was pretty neat. They put out a lot of food on those boats and it was cool to see where they make it happen.


We enjoyed a great ATV excursion in Montego Bay. It was a bit scary cause we went up the side of a mountain (small one but mountain nonetheless) and there were a few spots where I was a bit concerned about the incline but then realized when coming down the down was worse than up. If you go to fast and hit the brakes...yikes I kept seeing myself flipping over the handlebars. Thankfully, that did not happen and we really enjoyed it. Our tour guide was amazing and the photographer got some great shots and of course I had to buy them.

The next day we went to Grand Cayman, we decided we want to move there. It is a beautiful island with super nice people, no crime, no taxes, lots of turtles and chickens roaming everywhere. We took a bus tour and again the guide was very nice and knowledgable. We visited the Turtle Farm, the town of Hell and the Rum Cake Factory. Very enjoyable.


The next day was Cozumel, we've been there previously and did not intend to go ashore but did end up going into town just for the sake of doing something and went thru some of the shops. Then we went back to the ship and I enjoyed having the swimming pool all to myself because most people were in Cozumel still.

As always this was a great vacation and we are gearing up to plan for next year....Triumph here we come!!


More pictures to follow:

1 comment:

Gayle said...

You shared a bunch of great photos. Thanks! Looks like you two had a wonderful time on your cruise. All that sun must have been so relaxing. I'm glad you enjoyed your time on the ship.