Sunday, March 29, 2009

Me again...

...I know who else would you be expecting on my blog, but my creativeness for a title was just not working. So there ya have it.

So, I think at some point I must have mentioned that I joined and began going to Curves mid February. I must say I absolutely love it. The 30 minute workouts are perfect and there are no excuses for me to not fit it in 3 times a week. Even weeks like the one coming up, I will have to get up and go at 5:30 on Wednesday morning because I have a busy week in the evenings, but I am dedicated to a new me.

I started this blog in hopes of becoming "Fabulous by Forty". I lost my way somewhere along that road and eventually even changed the name of the blog because every time I came here it was taunting me. I did manage to maintain a 15 pound loss for 2008 but it was by extreme struggle the last 2 months during the holidays. Then the new year started and well it seemed like no matter what I did I could not drop a single pound. I was getting very discouraged and aggravated. I believe that I had shut down my metabolism with all of the yo yo dieting. Lose 10, gain 7, lose 6, gain 10, it was constant for about 2 years, up and down, up and down. Once I made up my mind to at least counteract the food with exercise it became clear to me that even though I was exercising I was not seeing results because I was still eating all I wanted and whatever I wanted. Another friend joined Curves the same time I did and she also began their weight management program. I did not because at that point I knew I was leaving for a cruise in just a few short weeks and didn't feel like yoyoing again.

On the cruise, I was particular not to eat continually and we walked a lot and used the stairs OFTEN. It was not that bad and when I returned I knew I had to face the scale and measurements at Curves in just 3 days time. Praise the Lord, I accomplished what I saw as impossible, I had only gained 1 pound and actually had lost a total of 4.5". This sparked my interest in finally doing something different about my eating. If I could see some result without changing my eating what would it mean to change my eating along with the exercise.

I bought the book on weight management from Curves and I began Phase 1 of the program 2 weeks ago. I just finished day 7 of Phase 2 and I feel better than I have felt in 2 years. I am excited about my next weight/measurement day. Can't wait to report on my progress....I weigh on the 5th of each month but that is on Sunday (they are closed), so I'm not sure if they'll do it on Friday or Monday...but I'll keep you posted......

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Woohoo! Congratulations, Robin. I am so happy for you, and I'm so glad you feel better. That's what it is all about.

Amy said...

WTG, Robin.....& I love your new blog title. I didn't even pay attention til I read that.

Sunny Days said...

Congratulations on the 15 pounds lost in 2008!!! That is a GREAT accomplishment. I was feeling exactly how you were at my birthday last month and not happy with myself since the holidays until someone pointed out to me that I did have a loss over the last year and maybe it wasn't what I had hoped for but it was a loss and not a gain! That helped me to feel better about what I had done and not what I hadn't done in the last year. You did GREAT and should be proud of that! I'm glad to hear that you are starting a new program and hope that it will work for you. I haven't found what I need to do yet to keep loosing but I'm still looking and not giving up!! One more thing....I have to thank you for the smile I got when I read all about your cruise and your birthday celebrating, looks like you have some people in your life that really love you! It looked like soooo much fun!
Keep up the good work!

Babydoll said...

I'm glad you love Curves! It always helps if you actually like the exercise that you are doing. You inspire me to not give up. Be proud of that 15 lbs. loss...that's amazing!