Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Five days down.....

.....221 days to go!  I found a you tube video of the Sky Course on the ship and it motivated me instead of freaking me out.  This is progress, its nice when my head and  heart are both linked with God at the same time.  I'm not sure exactly what I thought a ropes course 8 feet off the ground would consist of but I was surprised.  Instead of being discouraged by what I could not accomplish today I have decided to keep moving forward so I will be prepared and ready to conquer it!  Reminding myself that God says He made me more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). 






Last night I was watching a weight loss reality show and was so emotionally moved by the struggles this woman faced in her life that I wanted to crawl into the TV and poke somebody's eyes out.  There is a way to encourage and motivate somebody to be all they can be and its not by tearing them down and pointing out their flaws.   

The trainer on this show is so compassionate and real and allows himself to connect to his clients to the place where you can see that he truly cares.  He inspires me to go for my dream, to follow in his footsteps.  The next 221 days are about getting myself ready to follow this new dream of becoming a personal trainer who cares about the people she is working with, not just the paycheck.   

The client on this episode also reminded me how easy it is to fall even when you've had great success.  I've fallen into that trap more times than I can count.  I am praying that God will keep me alert and focused and that when I stumble along the path I wont fall,  I will call upon Him to regain my balance and continue on the right path.  I'm exhausted from all of the rabbit trails I have followed over the years.  The past 5 days have been peaceful. When you are on the right path there is hope and rest because there is no guilt or shame hanging around your neck.   

Look out world, the Robin God intended me to be is emerging and I think you are going to like her!!

 

No comments: