Friday, June 13, 2008

Announcement..

There will be no weigh in tomorrow. If I have learned nothing else in this life long journey that I am on...it is that when I know I have blown it and am already struggling with being discouraged do not get on the scale. The scale can be a tool of the enemy if I allow it to be and I choose not to.

Instead - I choose to forgive myself and move forward not backwards. I'll weigh in next Saturday at the regularly scheduled time and I will have a postitive report. Some might not agree that this is a good strategy, but please know that I'm not ignoring the issue, I'm just not giving the devil place to tear me down by looking at numbers that will not encourage me. I need encouragement not discouragement and I have learned enough to know to avoid the negative, it will not help my cause.

Thank you all so much for being here to read and love and support me on the various trails this journey takes me down. I have read in many places in the past 2 days that the important thing is to never give up. The only way to not get to the finish line is to quit. I am not a quitter! My goals will be met but I apparently will be more like the tortoise than the hare. Slow and steady with a few little bumps along the way.

3 comments:

Kaye said...

We all have our bad weeks. Good for you for not being defeated by it. Work hard, eat smart next week, and don't worry about this week. What is important is that you are not letting one bad week derail you from your plan.

You can do this!!!

Sunny Days said...

I am so proud of you for not letting that scale dictate how you feel and not letting the enemy in there with all the negative thoughts!! It's ok not to weigh in sometimes....just don't let it get you down, tomorrow is another day, another week is comming. YOU can do it! I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!!!

Babydoll said...

Good for you Robin!! At least you've learned how to forgive yourself and move forward. It's not the end of the world after all. You should be so proud of yourself because you are doing awesome. :)