Thursday, June 12, 2008

Struggling but holding firm...

It's been a long hard week and I have struggled daily with food. I was at a conference the first 3 days of the week which meant being inundated with muffins for breakfast and eating out at lunch. I did not overeat except on Monday but did not make great choices. I have done okay today since I'm back in my regular daily routine.

I choose not to be defeated so I'm keeping my head up and reminding myself continually that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and hoping that weigh in on Saturday shows at the very least that I was able to maintain. I would be in shock if there was a loss.

This week has gone by pretty quickly, probably because of the conference. It's almost Friday already and that means its time for the weekend. We are celebrating Father's Day at my sisters house on Saturday night since J&H are going to be leaving for camp right after church on Sunday.

This past Sunday was dad's birthday and we all went to their house and had cake, ice cream and opened presents. It was a pleasant afternoon and mom made an awesome german chocolate cake and I only had a small piece...that was TOUGH. I love german chocolate almost as much as I love a good italian creme cake. Okay, I just love SWEETS...thank God for 100 calorie snack packs, it helps me get some sweet without overdoing it (too often anyways).

I'd like to ask whoever is reading to be praying for Rocky's brother. He's been having some issues with seizures and a spot on his brain. He's been doing pretty well but just had his yearly MRI and they seem to think it has gotten larger so he's been referred to a surgeon to decide if they can do anything or if radiation will be recommended. Thanks ahead of time for your prayers that he will see the healing power of our Lord Jesus who already bore stripes on His back over 2000 years ago for our healing. We are believing that He will receive what has already been done for him. Our God is bigger than a brain tumor! His promises are yes and amen and He always causes us to triumph in Christ Jesus!!

No comments: