Thursday, June 5, 2008

Shake your tail feather...

...okay, so somebody had that as a subject line on a bulletin on myspace and it tickled my fancy, so I used it here. Cute huh.

It's been a while since I did a post with just words and stuff so I figured with all that has been going on with us the past few weeks maybe I should take the time and post something besides layouts and pictures. Not that those are bad things because well you all know how much I love my pictures and my scrapbooking.

Well, as you know I painted the gorilla habitat and then we ordered some knife stands, put the new comforter and curtains in place. We also bought a barrister bookcase and some lights to go in it. We also bought some burlap to cover styrofoam pieces we will be using to give depth to some of the knives in the case. Eventually we will get all of that stuff in place, but it takes time and we haven't had much of that lately that both of us were home and felt like doing it. But we will and when it's all done there will surely be a layout or two coming your way.

I have a public service announcement. I have decided that every new homeowner should be warned that at the 10 year mark of owning said new home that everything will begin to go on the fritz or just stop working. I say that to say...start a savings account for this purpose. Don't touch it no matter what because undoubtedly you will need it to fix refrigerators, light fixtures, vent-a-hood fans, washing machines, septic treatment plants, air conditioners and I could probably add a few others but they are slipping my mind. So just for future reference be prepared, when you buy new all at the same time, there is a great likelihood that it will all start going bad at the same time, so be prepared because you can't say now that you weren't warned!!

On a good note, the men at church are going on a deep sea fishing trip in a few weeks. Rocky really wanted to attend this year since he couldn't go last year. Last year it took place during the time that we were hoping to pull Holly through all of her health issues and it was costing every extra penny plus some. This year the cost of repairing the a/c is the cost of the fishing trip. We obviously had to choose to fix the a/c because we live in Mississippi and no a/c is just not an option. Well, last night at church, I said (wrote) a simple prayer to the God "who supplies all of our need* according to His riches in glory" Phil 4:19. I simply wrote.... Lord, I ask you to make a way for Rocky to go on this fishing trip, I thank you for it and I'll be expecting for it to happen. Amen" Well, lo and behold he gets a phone call this morning from our pastor asking him if he could get off to go on the trip if it was paid for!!!! We don't know who paid for it, but we are thankful and appreciative to whoever allowed themselves to be used by God to provide this desire.

*need: the Greek/Hebrew word for need in this passage actually means "necessities, needs, wants and desires". God really does care about our wants and desires and we are very grateful for it!!

I had to put a good thing in the middle so it doesn't look like this is one big pity party. Last week I had a stomach bug or something of the sort, so I did not really eat last week. On the positive side of that the scale logged me in at losing 4 pounds. Ready for Public Service Announcement #2??? Do not weigh in and get excited about a great loss the day after a stomach bug. It is deceiving. When you actually eat again and get on the scale midweek, you find out quickly that it was deceiving. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed when I got on the scale yesterday and it was said 273 pounds. That puts me exactly where I was before the stomach bug.....*sigh*.

It didn't help that all of the little things going on gave me an "excuse" (because I occasionally try to find one to self sabotage my efforts) to eat when I should not have been. I have had a rough week with the food. It has been a war and I have definitely lost a few battles. I refuse to give up and am determined to not let one week of struggle derail my efforts. I will be fabulous by forty no matter what that small voice (not the good one) says to me. Yes, devil I just said you have a "small voice" and you are a liar and I refuse to listen or fall for your old tricks. I am an over comer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony. The word says that my God always causes me to triumph through Christ Jesus, He also tells me that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, I am the head and not the tail, above and not beneath and you devil are under my feet! I rejoice always and count even this setback all JOY because my God is with me and if God is with me who can be against me!! I am the champion of my world because He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world! I'm excited and ready to go head on into the rest of this week. No matter what the scale says on Saturday morning I win because the only other option is to quit and I will not quit.

Speaking of Saturday, we are excited because we are taking a road trip to Natchez with D&J. We haven't really had much time to hang out since we returned from our cruise, so we are all looking forward to the drive and some time to spend together doing nothing. We spent the day together for our garage sale, but that was work, not play. This is a play date and I know I can't wait to hit the road. We are going to drive down the trace and get the best tamales in the state from a wonderful place called "Fat Mama's Tamales". They are so fine and I can almost taste them. I usually get a whole dozen and make myself miserable, but I will be good this time and only get 1/2 dozen. I can do it. I'm sure we will bring some home for the freezer!

I can't think of anything else at the moment...other than our cruise is in 262 days!!! I know I'm obsessed and that is still a very long time from now, but it makes it fun to count it down and know its getting closer. Galveston, Cozumel, Montego Bay and Grand Cayman here we come (in 262 days)!!!

Let me leave you with this thought....the bible tells us many many many times to Praise the Lord....specifically in the morning, at noon time, in the evening, at midnight and all day long! So remember all day long in all things to praise the Lord and even in the hard times and in the midst of the battle praise Him for bringing you out of your situation! I've learned that it helps and you see yourself come out of it quicker and stronger when you spend the time in it praising Him and not complaining and whining about it!!!

2 comments:

Braxton's Mommy said...

Congrats to Rocky I know it must make you just as happy as its making him!! God is GREAT!!

Sunny Days said...

I love the inspiring words here...that was such a GREAT thought for the day! I can be thankful in all things and praise His name!