Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just another day in the neighborhood...

And it's a rainy icky dreary day at that. Not to much going on in my neck of the woods. All the nieces and nephews have returned to school. Hopefully this will be a good year for all of them.

Still no change in my weight, at least I am managing to maintain, but it's time to pull it together and get things moving in the right direction. I am focusing this week on only eating when my body tells me it is hungry and trying to find the "point of satisfied/full". I have spent so many years destroying that natural mechanism that God created within me and this past Sunday at church the message was based on the scripture that says "my people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge". As the message came out the reality of it was that its not that the knowledge is not available its that we choose not to use it or acquire or we just plain ignore it. I have the knowledge available to me to be healthy and lose weight, yet I sit back and ignore it and therefore am destroying my body due to a lack of walking in the knowledge that has been provided to me. So, it is my desire to use this knowledge and lose this weight! I will not quit, I will not give up, I will not be destroyed!!

4 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Robin, I had to relean how to tell when I was hungry a while back. I was so surprised I thought that appitite was hunger. That is one of the things that I have learned these last months. I hope you have a good week and learn lots and lose some. connie from Texas

Gayle said...

I hope that the rest of your week breezes by, and some smiles and laughter are in store for your weekend. :)

mommysews said...

You know I am in the same weightloss boat as you. I know you can do it. And I will too

Babydoll said...

Hang in there Robin!! Of course you already know that there will be days like this...and then they past. Hang tight, your breakthrough is coming. :)