Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Weekends are to short...

...but we had a nice one. Rocky was off all day long on Saturday, so we got up early and headed south on the Natchez Trace. Our destination....Fat Mama's Tamales in Natchez. They have moved to their new location and it was nice to be able to enjoy their amazing tamales inside and not out in the heat with the bugs. We enjoyed our lunch and then we headed to the Natchez Convention Center to attend the Antique Knife Show. There were a lot of really old expensive knives in the show. I was in awe of the prices, wow. Most of them did not even have price tags, I suppose it was one of those situation where if you have to ask the price then you can't afford it. We enjoyed just wandering around and seeing all the different things they had. After the knife show we headed back to Jackson.


When we got home I prepared the food for our family gathering that evening. It was a nice evening, we were un-celebrating my Uncle's 50th birthday. He didn't want a big shin-dig so we got together and had some great food, good conversation and enjoyed each others company. I forgot my camera for the Natchez trip, but I remembered it for the evening, so here are a few pictures for your enjoyment.......


Cousins: Megan, Bobby & Amy


Mitchell, Hannah & Justin...swimming of course....







3 comments:

mommysews said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Looks like fun

Gayle said...

Isn't it nice to take a drive and do something different? Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

TO BECOME said...

I am so glad that you all had such a nice weekend. I don't see how a knife can be that expensive but they are. connie from Texas