Saturday, August 30, 2008

Go Away Gustav....

I am not even sure at this moment where the hurricane is, because I have tried to avoid it and ignore it for just one more day. I do know that it is a Category 4, but right now I don't know what they are projecting today, it has changed several times in the past few days. Maybe tomorrow will give them a better picture when it actually gets into the gulf of Mexico. I said after going through Katrina that I would not work thru another one, another case where I should stop saying what "I won't do". More times then not, I end up eating those words.

But, since I was ignoring it today, I've had a nice day. We had ladies bible study this morning, it was nice. I think I mentioned before that it's on rejection and I still have a lot of thinking, praying and soul searching on this subject, so right now I'm not going to even try to put it in words. There is a knowing in my spirit that when this study is complete that I will be changed by what God is showing me. He loves me, so what anybody else thinks or doesn't think should not matter, I want to be in that place....so here's to getting there!!

After bible study I went by my parents to see their new RV and to check out little Daisy's new haircut. She doesn't look like a baby anymore, she's moved into the teen years, with blue bows and all. She's is just so irresistably cute and sweet, you just want to eat her up.

I left there and had to acknowledge Gustav long enough to go to the office and input a request to MEMA for a generator for one of the smaller towns in Hinds County. As I was leaving Rocky called to tell me the battery was dead on the MONSTER truck. This meant the trip I was fixing to make to Hobby Lobby was squashed. I went to deer camp, picked him up and we went home. I made a birthday card or 2 (cause its almost my sister's birtdhay!!) and then we headed to Hobby Lobby. Since his issue spoiled my trip, he told me he'd take me out there. I love that store, they have awesome sales! I got some cardstock paper stacks and a 13x13 self healing mat. I'm trying to stock up on paper since we are going to Crop Connection, the more stuff I stock up on now, the less $$$ I have to have when the time comes.

We left HL and drove over the spillway headed to Red Lobster for Joey's Birthday dinner. It was good and we had a good time. We were going straight from there to the races, but I decided I really wasn't up to it tonight, so he dropped me off and headed out. Now I'm fixing to go take out these contact lenses get comfy and snuggle up with my dog and a book and just kick back. I'm going to try and stay up as late as I can. I have to work on changing my sleep habit because as of right now come Monday I'll be working 12 hours shifts 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. until this Gustav situation is over. I hope that will be very quick!!

Good night!

1 comment:

mommysews said...

Wishing you all the best while Gustav is approaching. You will be in my prayers. And do what you need to do wether it is stay or leave and don't worry about what you said you would or wouldn't do.