Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It was a success!

My first day went very well. I did not come close to eating all of my calories for the day but I will not make a habit of doing that. It was just one of those days where it worked out that way. After work I went to the grocery store, has anybody else realized how much more expensive it is to eat healthy? Sheesh...anyways, I bought most of my groceries from the perimeter of the store, bought very few things on the aisles. Mostly meat, produce and dairy products. I felt good about my purchases and my future. I had a fabulous salad when I got home and ate it while I watched the Season Premiere of The Biggest Loser. It is promising to be another great season and definitely motivating and inspiring. I think Gillian is going to try and prove she is definitely not the "nice" one. What I think people are interpretting as nice is her compassion and concern for her team. I don't think that makes her nice when she is in trainer mode at all. She is rough, tough, in your face and down right mean, ha. She would like to see that I wrote that I'm sure. Yet, you can tell she is pushing them because they need it and it keeps them from quitting. Oh, how I wish I had 4 months to take off work and could get chosen to be on the Biggest Loser...I'd probably flunk out, not sure my emotions could take the boot camp type pressure, I'm kind of a woos.

So, on to today, my calves were so sore this morning from walking up and down that huge hill yesterday, so I opted to wait and walk again tomorrow. Seemed like the right thing to do, but I am actually looking forward to going again. I'd like to work myself up to the point of being able to do it several times without such drama from my lungs. Hopefully this beautiful fall weather will hold out so I can keep walking during the day, if not it will be back to the ball park for me, which is okay, just not as convenient. I have no excuse during the day to not walk because I do get a lunch break every day.

We are half way to Friday and I love Wednesdays, because it the night of "gathering of the saints together" or as most would say it's CHURCH NIGHT. I love Wednesday night service always have.

I guess that's all...oh yeah, so far I'm well within my calories and have already chosen what I will eat at McAlister's for dinner. Have a great day and be a blessing on purpose.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

It won't take long and before you know it you won't even get sore when walking. Keep up the good work, and don't give up! :)