Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Saying goodbye....

...when you really don't want to sucks.

I just read news that makes me very sad and I feel kind of lost like part of me is being torn away and I want to keep it. The greatest scrapbook store in the universe is having to close its doors, I understand 100% the reasons why and completely respect the owner and woman I consider a dear friend for chosing her family and putting herself first.

The store will never be forgotten, I know some may read this and think she's lost her mind, how can a store be that important. What you don't know is that the store is not just a building with 4 walls, it is a place where you feel like you are home when you walk in the door. Even the first time I went through those doors and was met by Jo, Pam and Polly, I knew it was different, it was special, the spirit was of love and acceptance. In the 4 years that ASF has been opened I have grown in confidence and self esteem and felt like for the first time in my life that there was a "click" that I belonged in. It will always be a place that changed my life and my idea of scrapbooking. Many friendships have grown from friday night crops. I will surely miss the times that we won't have there but also will cherish the ones that we did.

Jo, if you read this...I love you and thank you for making a place available that made a difference in my life.

No comments: