Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's the First Day of...

...the rest of my life....AGAIN. But as I have been told by a very wise person in my life, as long as you never give up you can't fail. This is good advice in my thinking.

The Biggest Loser:Families starts tonight and I am very excited to get going with them. I have fallen hard off the wagon in the past few months and gained back half of what I'd lost this year. Good thing is I didn't wasted so much time that I gained it all back. This is progress.

After spending some time in prayer and asking God for guidance in how to proceed I feel strongly that I am to fast sweets for this first week while I find my footing. I have read in several places that your ideal calorie count should be what your goal weight is and add a zero. So like if you want to weight 150 you should go for 1500 calories. This seems right to me, so I'm going to be working towards staying within the calories that are at that goal and for now I'm not going to share any goals or even what my weight is. I always have in the past and then I'm so ashamed and upset when I fail, so for now my goals are going to be between me and God and I'll let you know when I reach them.

Pretty much my plan is to exercise, make healthy choices and portion control. Thankfully I am already a water drinker so that is not an issue. I drink at least 5 bottles of water everyday (except on the weekends and sometimes I slack a bit because I'm busier and not sitting at a desk).

I really want to get to a place where its a lifestyle and not a diet, but right this minute I have to admit that this is a diet for me, working towards changing my lifestyle, but in the meantime I'm going to try to find what works for me so that it can become a forever change. It has been proven to me time and time again that this is a lifelong issue and its high time I accept it and find a way to overcome it....I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and I'm trusting Him to be with me as I start on yet another path towards and heatlh and liking what I see in the mirror.

I just walked around the block 2 times (not quite a mile) and up and down the hill on Amite Street that goes to the entrane to the fairgrounds on Jefferson St. I'm whipped but I feel good to have gotten some exercise and spent that time praying also, so I'm working my physical and spiritual muscles. God is faithful and I know He will help me through and that He has already made me more than a conqueror and that includes over food and laziness!!

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Good luck, Robin!! I'll be cheering you on the whole time.

Babydoll said...

Good for you Robin!! Hang in there girl! I was once told that a healthy lifestyle was a journey and didn't have a destination, so it's OK to have some bumps along the way. I'm so proud of you!