Friday, September 19, 2008

Salads are Sneaky...

I had a Southwest Taco Salad from Wendy's at lunch. Thankfully I only used one packet of the dressing they put in the bags and they forgot the sour cream. I suppose I should have checked the nutritional info before getting and then eating the salad. Anyways, with the tortilla strips and dressing it was 600 calories. I guess it would have been much worse to have a burger and fries, but I was still kind of surprised.

Now I'm trying to figure out what is for dinner. I forgot to get the pork chops out of the freezer, so I'm trying to decide if I can get them thawed out quickly by putting them in some water or if I should just stop at Kroger and buy some more.....that will likely be my best bet cause then they have time to marinate. I know I'm going to roast some squash and then saute some new potatoes and onions in a bit of olive oil...I really am working towards healthy and better choices. The chops will be baked or grilled, unsure yet, depends on what time Rocky actually gets home.

No comments: