Monday, April 28, 2008

Bitter Sweet Moment...

It's been a really long time since my "Mickey's" have been out of their cage (rubbermaid containers in the shed). But I just spent the last 30 minutes setting them all up nice and neatly as a family one last time on my bed and took pictures......I'm glad to be regaining some space and am thankful that I can scrapbook the pictures and have somethign to hold on to that takes up a lot less room, but its is very hard to let them go. There are actually 2 more that are already put away in my hope chest and I'm not digging them back out. They are in graduation gowns and have my class and school name embroidered on their gowns.

I hope you enjoy the pictures....hopefully soon I'll have a layout but for now pictures will have to do.






Dawn & I used this phone in our first apartment when we were roomates in 1988! Our phone number is still on the little slip of paper!! Insert smiley with tears of sentiment!!









5 comments:

Dawn said...

Awww...boy they do bring back memories. It is hard to get rid of things from our past. you are a strong woman and I'm proud of you.

sharon said...

awww.... my dd would be heartbroken. she is a Disney loonatic. it is hard to part with it... pictures are much easier to store though... ha...
you are doing good... i need to purge at my house.

Kaye said...

All I can say is that you are a whole lot stronger than I am. I don't know if I would be able to part with something so special. Maybe that's why my house is so cluttered? LOL!

Babydoll said...

Awwwww...sorry you're having to give away your Mickeys! Think of it this way...you're making room for MORE blessings! :o)

Amy said...

Wow....my best friend would LOVE to see this collection. She's a Mickey fanatic too! ;-)