Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just one of those days....

....and I'm ready for it to be over. The drama at work is just unbelievable and that is all I'll say cause well it's just unbelievable, so why say anything more.

Not to much going on in my world the past few days. I spent most of the weekend feeling kind of crummy with sinus junk, but nothing major, just gave me the opportunity to take some real down time for myself. I relaxed a lot and read half of a book and can't wait to get the rest of it read now. It's the last in the latest series by Terri Blackstock. This one is called Dawn's Light and its already fabulous. The whole story line will really make you think and be thankful for all the things you take for granted in your every day life and wonder what life would be like if suddently there was no electricity or technology of any kind. We'd all be hunting up the Amish Communities trying to learn how to live and care for ourselves. Scary thought, but it has definitely been thought provoking.

I did go shopping and got Rocky a little silver Shuffle, he was coveting mine, so now he has his own. I also got some much needed under garments and a night gown...its so comfy.

Then Sandy and I went to the park and went walking. It was good and I felt good afterwards, now I need to start doing some ab work and some arm exercises with my little dumbells. I want to be in good shape not just lose weight. My goal is when I turn 40 and go on my next cruise to have nothing holding me back from doing any excursion I want to do!! There are some with weight limits and others that look fun but had to much physical activity to be enjoyable where I am now, but I will do whatever I want to do next year! Just wait and see!!

Well, I suppose I've rambled on long enough today and we get out of here in 40 more minutes. I guess I can find something to do to pass the time between now and then. Have a fabulous day and I'll check back in when I can.....

2 comments:

sharon said...

sorry about your work situation. sometimes there are always those who want to be in the "light" no matter what.
I am going to have to check out those shuffles...hmmm... might have to try to invest myself at some point.
and definitly need to do the exercise. You are doing great! yes... weights are as important as aerobic activity.

sharon said...

hmmm... i love your picture the "in the beginning...." how did you do that????