Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Oh my gosh..

...the lightning this morning was awesome yet somewhat frightening. There were a few bolts that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It rained a bit on and off until I got to work and then guess what happened? If you guessed that the sky fell out and I had 3 bags of stuff to carry in and that my umbrella is leaned against the wall inside my office...then you are CORRECT. So now my hair is nice and wet and I smell hairspray and my shirt is soaked and I'm sacrificing 4 points to a cappucino for breakfast. I did also have a wonderful serving of WW Amaretto Cheesecake Yogurt, oh my it was fine. So 5 points for breakfast is not bad if I don't get to the point of starving by 10:30 because there is no substance to the cappucino, but I was freezing.

We went grocery shopping last night and I must say that I forgot how expensive it is to eat healthy. All the powers that be gripe about how unhealthy and overweight americans are, yet the food prices are so ridiculously high that its easy to see why that is the fact. When its cheaper and easier to buy the prepackaged ready to go food then that is what people on low to middle incomes are going to purchase. On another note it feels good to have food in my house that is good for me and I'm looking forward to cooking again. It's been a long time since I cooked and enjoyed it. I think that is because there was so much guilt in what I was eating that if I had to cook it the guilt lasted longer. If you go buy something not good for you at a fast food joint, you buy, you eat, you feel bad then you move on. But if you cook it, you have to stand and feel guilty the whole time you are preparing and cooking and eating and then cleaning up.....therefore cooking becomes part of the "ick" factor of overeating.

Looks like the rain is letting up and maybe the sun is coming out? Not sure because I don't have any windows. I do have a rooftop camera that feeds into a monitor on my desk, but the monitor is black and white so I can't really tell if its the sun, but I can actually see the parking lot again so that means the rain has definitely let up at least right here.

Not much exciting going on yet, but it's only 8:30, so for now that's all, but who knows I may be back later...toodles...

No comments: