Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just call me "The Blue Tarp Lady"

....it's been crazy since the tornadoes on Friday. It started out a nice quiet normal kind of day and then as you all know out of nowhere the storms they were expecting about 4:00 p.m. decided to make a nasty visit around noon instead. It was crazy, lots of things happened all at the same time, and made it even crazier.

There is a LOT of damage out there and due to many many many homes being damaged our office is distributing blue tarps for people to cover their rooves with for the next few days. Yesterday my phone literally did not stop ringing continuously until about 4:20 p.m. and I think that was simply because most people were on their way home from work or getting ready to go home from work. I love to be able to help people, but my neck and ear were so past sore when I got home that I dread having to be on the phone all day today. But, I just spent some time praying that it will go smoothly, that our guys will be organized and distribute many tarps today and that we get them all out before the rain sets in either Wednesday or Thursday. So here's to a God who is faithful and whos promises are all yes and amen!!!

On a good note..I lost 6 pounds for my 1st week on WW!!! But now...I must sign off and head to work and probably will be busy all day because my phone number was again on the news, so I expect it to begin ringing oh about now, but I'm so not getting there till 8 today.

Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

Babydoll said...

Sorry to hear about the bad weather damage. On another note, congrats on the 6 lbs. loss!! YOU ROCK!!

I sure do miss you guys at ASF!! BOOO WHOOO!!

sharon said...

congrats on the 6 pounds.... i think i am gaining everyones losses.... oh well. stress/anxiety doesn't always set good with me... this is how i show it.
don't give up.... even when it is small losses... continue. remember the tortoise and the hare?

Amy said...

WooHoo.....WTG on the 6lbs., Robin. That is AWESOME! Keep up the good work!

Kaye said...

Ugh. I think I might have gained your six pounds! :-( I'm so thrilled that you are doing well. I need to follow your lead.