Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Picture this...

....me, in front of a computer screen, trying to do a "dance workout"! Yes, I see you sitting at your computer imagining how this might look. I mean hello most of you know that I am not only a bit on the not so skinny side, but more than that I can not carry a tune in a bucket with a lid on it, and worse than that, my coordination skills, well they do not EXIST.

Anyways, I noticed that on netflix they had some "workouts" that were available using the "watch instantly" option. So, I flipped through them and most of them were obviously way out of my league. I found one that had a lot of reviews from other people who had watched it, they all said things like: "This is to slow" or "This is definitely for people with no dance background" or "This workout is for beginners". I thought okay, I am a beginner and have no dance background so let me try it. If Sandy and Romeo were able to laugh, they would have been. I got through the warm up, sort of and then managed to stick out at least "moving my body" for about 10 more minutes. Finally, I clicked on the "X" and closed it down. Marched myself into the living room stuck in a Walk Away the Pounds video and did a nice 1 mile walk. Much more my speed and even with that, I often get off pace and then I'm lost and have to stop and get myself back on pace. I can't keep going if my movements are not in sync with their movements, ack. Just one of my odd little quirks. If I'm off, I have to quit or I just get off worse and then well, I might as well just quit all together.

Anyways, I said all of that to say that though it was quite the comical process I did exercise yesterday and I feel good about it today. I will exercise again today when I get home. Hope you had a nice little chuckle with me as you read this. Have a wonderful day and take time to Praise God for all He's done for you!

No comments: