Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Anybody know what today is?

That's right it is weigh in day! I am very thankful to be able to say that I lost 2 pounds this week. I am down 19 pounds, if I pull off 1 more this coming week I'll have made it to 20 before the cruise.

Okay, but now on to confession...I'll say again that this accountability thing is tough, but it is also good for me. So, here goes, I have been wanting fried chicken for about a week now, but it just hadn't fit into our schedule to get out and go to the KFC in Pearl. Rocky wanted to go there because they have a buffet. This word in itself should have sent a big red flag for me to be on guard because the enemy was setting his sites on my wide rearend. Anyways, so after our meeting at church last night he says lets go get some chicken. My every intent was to go in and order the 2 piece meal and a drink. Got there and it was only a little bit cheaper than the buffet. So, I begin rationalizing that I have done great, I have not blown it and been overstuffed in 6 weeks, and that if I eat the buffet I can get the veggies and they are good for me. So within 45 seconds I convince myself that "I" can do it and Rocky had gone to the restroom and given me the money to order while he was gone, so he wasn't there to say "are you sure?". I immediately get 2 pieces of chicken, they were small thighs and I only ate the skin off of one, but I also put creamed corn, black eye peas, biscuit w/gravy, tetrazzini and chicken & dumplins on this plate. Very small portions of each but still when I sat down realized that even with small portions there was tooo much food on this plate. I tasted each thing, decided the only one worth actually eating was the chicken & dumplins and the chicken itself, even the biscuit was not fabulous and I only ate half of it. Because I only got a small spoonful of the dumplins, once I was done they were so good, that I justified that since I didn't really eat the other stuff it wouldn't hurt to get a little more of the dumplins. I did and then as I was sitting there looking at the last bit on my plate, this came to mind (thank You Holy Spirit) "do not forsake the work of God for the sake of food" (Romans 14:20). At this point I was able to stop before I lost control of the situation and I am thankful for a God who never leaves or forsakes me. I praise Him for leading me to victory and not destruction.

Apparently I had a bad case of "I-itis" and I should know by now, that "I" can do nothing without Him and though I did not involve Him in the decision that could cause me to stumble I am thankful that He was involved in the escape plan.

Note: That scripture reference is one that God brought to my attention a long time ago when I was seeking Him in the past for help on this same journey. Though in context it doesn't deal with weight loss, those words in themselves have been a strong tower for me in times past and He used them again last night to keep from falling when I stumbled.

1 comment:

Braxton's Mommy said...

WAY TO GO ROBIN!!! 2 LBS IS WONDEFUL!!! WOW one more you will be at 20?? That is great!! I wish i was there! But time and patients will get me there as well!! That is sooo great and way to go with the buffett! I would have caved in big time!! AWESOME JOB!!!