Friday, February 1, 2008

I LOVE BOOKS!

For those of you who don't know one of the greatest perks of my job is that my dungeon is directly below the biggest library in our county. So I have my very own key to the elevator that leads into the "bookcave"...its so wonderful.
I don't usually reread books so I prefer to check them out and not spend a lot of money on something that I read in just a few days (sometimes just 1 day) time. So it really is a luxury to be downstairs from the library. Last week I requested 2 books and lo and behold they were both already in today.
I mostly read christian authors. There are a few secular authors that I enjoy that aren't horrible and I really enjoy their books so I read them unless I feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit leading me to put it down and move on to something else, that has happened a few times.
My favorites are:
I love a good mystery with a wonderful romance story mixed in with it. I get that from Dee Henderson and Terri Blackstock.
Beverly Lewis satisfies my intrigue about the Amish/Menonite lifestyle, I just can't get enough of her books....and I'm patientley (or not) waiting on the new one in her latest series.
Karen Kingsbury is very much a dramatic author that has God directly in the middle of all her stories of love and family. (You've got to read the Baxter Family Dramas!!)
Iris Johansen is definitely mystery and kind of CSI like. Lots of dark, drama, action, adventure type of writing. (She sometimes gets a little on the supernatural [not in a Godly way] and I've had to put a few of hers down.)
Fern Michaels writes about women who are women of all types and walks of life, lots of fun and adventure (with a tad bit more language and sex than is my preference but not extreme).
And well I'm sure everybody knows that Nicholas Sparks is just all that and a bag of chips. I mean who hasn't read "The Wedding" and known that it was the most romantic book in the whole world. Not to mention its predecessor "The Notebook". Oh how he makes me cry, but oh how I just keep reading. Can't wait to jump into the one I picked up today..."The Choice".
There are probably many more that I could name, but these are the ones that I'm drawn to on a regular basis. I'd love if some of you can suggest some other good authors that might write along these same lines. I'm always open to trying somebody new.
Well I guess I was in the mood for another random post on a Fine Friday afternoon, with less than one hour till going home time. Hurry up clock.

No comments: