Sunday, February 3, 2008

Purpose? What's Mine?

The new challenge at ASF is from Wanda - "Okay, I've thought about this a lot. I want to really challenge you this time. Take you out of your comfort zone, if you'll allow me. There are some scrappers out there who are really "raw" scrappers. They scrap the really emotional stuff, the intense stuff. They don't shy away from anything, and they don't just scrap cute pictures of their kids and pets (like me). Even if you have a "book of me" you're working on, you probably never thought about scrapping your painful moments, or embarrassing faults, or searing self-doubts. I challenge you to do that this week. Scrap something you thought you would NEVER scrap. Never put to paper. Never post for public consumption. "

It was harder than I thought to put something so personal on paper, but I'm actually thankful for this challenge because it is something I probably never would have considered doing a scrapbook page about. And one day in the future if somebody down the line were to wonder if I had grieved my whole life for the children I never had, then they can look and see that though that place in my heart still longs for those children, I have found peace and am truly no longer at war with infertility.

So here is my take on this challenge:


Purpose? What's Mine?
Journaling:
Up to this time in my life my heart has been
convinced that my reason for being was to have kids and
raise them in a Godly home and serve Him all the days of their life.
Though hope will live in me as long as I have breath,
I am no longer at war with infertility.
I have found God's peace.
But, now what is my purpose?
Lord - please show me and then equip me.

4 comments:

Braxton's Mommy said...

I love your LO and you did a great job and it was soo touching!! WonderfuL!!!!

sharon said...

well, I did my challenge as well. In fact it was after reading yours... i started thinking. You did get down to the "nerve"... and it does hurt when ya do that. I couldn't get the challege out of my head... and in fact i wrote the journaling before the page was created. It just had to be made. yep... as painful as it was... i reckon i'm glad its there. sure don't know if i want to do many more of these though! not enough tissue in the house!

Penny said...

you are such an inspiration! your faith always amazes and inspires me!

Wanda said...

it is an awesome page and you are an awesome person. If God has plans for you other than being a mother, they are wonderful indeed, and I can't wait to see what they are!