Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hanging my head...

...not really in shame cause well I knew that chances were the weigh in today was not going to be a good one. I was very lax and did not make any good choices since well pretty much this whole week. I gained 2 pounds. Which is not a good start to cruise week already going the wrong direction....confession is good for the soul right?? If so, then why does it feel so bad to expose to the world that I was weak and lazy and gave in to temptation yet again and paid for it? I know it is good because it keeps me accountable and keeps things in the forefront of my mind so that I don't lose control of the situation completely. I am determined that I will be focused as soon as I return from New Orleans.

This is my last day of work until February 25!! I am so ready for the break. I have a lot to do to fill my days until we leave and then of course we'll have a fun filled week and hopefully a good bit of relaxing to go along with it, but there are so many fun things to do, you don't really relax perse very much. But, we did sleep late most days and take a nap almost every afternoon last year. I can't wait...only 4 more days till we head south!!

2 comments:

Braxton's Mommy said...

I hate that you had a 2 lb gain!! That really bites!! But i am very proud of you for reporting it!! Way to make yourself accountable!! And just start fresh and you can do it this week!!!

sharon said...

That is the blessing we have daily. To be able to start AFRESH everyday. To stop trying is the failure... to continue to begin again is merely an opportunity to overcome the aggravating obsticles that get in our way. Its a lot "safer" emotionally to take the easy way out.... to hide it. You are certainly stepping out of that box... and trying to make a difference. Remember... changing old habits doesn't happen immediately. it takes repetition to make a habit....you are on your way to making new better habits... and they will soon knock out all those bad habits "we" have. Then you WILL see and feel the difference. SMILE and have fun on your cruise!