Monday, May 5, 2008

Kudos to Justin....

My new nephew called me unexpectedly on Saturday evening to invite me to dinner. He had to prepare a meal from shopping to dessert all by himself for his "Food & Nutrition" class at school. He wanted me to come share in the meal. I was tired after the garage sale, but heck who passes up a nice home cooked meal. So, I hopped in the car and headed to Brandon. Half way there I realized I did not bring my camera. My sister however took pictures of each step and I trust that she will be sending them to me, because of course a layout must grace the pages of my scrapbook.

He did a great job, he really seemed to get the knack of it after the first little while. I was concerned that he might walk away with a few less appendages but he managed to cook the whole meal without even a nick in his finger. The menu was awesome and he cooked everything perfectly, nothing was burned and the Sour Cream Pound Cake that he made from scratch was AMAZING!! Just thought I'd take a moment to brag on him since he did such a good job.

Oh yeah, the meal started with a fruit salad, main course was a Paula Deen recipe called "Backbones and Rice", sides were squash/onions and brocoli and cheese, with garlic cheese biscuits and sweet tea. Then the pound cake for dessert, it was so FINE!

Congratulations Justin on a job well done and a meal well worth eating.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That's awesome. So glad your sister got the pictures for you....of course you MUST have a scrapbook page about that!!

sharon said...

mmmm... home cooked meal!!! wonderful! and to have someone do it for you... wow. just read about your garage sale. gee, you did well. thats great! they are sooo much work... glad you had a good outcome.

Babydoll said...

That sounds heavenly and so sweet!! I hope you enjoyed it.

Kaye said...

That sounds like a great meal!