Saturday, May 10, 2008

Obsession....

How is that you can take 2 pictures 2 seconds apart in the same room in the exact same location and yet still end up with the colors not matching??? Anyways...here is the Mickey Mouse layout. It is much more vibrant in person and I am well pleased with it now that it's done. Made it easier to accept that they are gone, knowing that I still have a piece of them and they are in my scrapbook pages FOREVER! They take up a lot less space this way.
Hidden journaling (tag): In high school I was obsessed with Mickey Mouse. I had a huge collection that included these items and more:
  • stuffed Mickeys & Minnies
  • a telephone
  • alarm clock
  • wall clock (looked like a watch)
  • watch & misc jewelry
  • posters
  • T-shirts for almost every day of the month

Over they years they all went to other other places, but I didn't part with the stuffed ones until May of 2008. There were sold at a garage sale to one family who seemed to love them as much as I did.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Robin, you inspired me. I have had this plate sitting on the shelf in my scrapping room for years. It was decorated by the kids in Mitchell's preschool class. Last week I took pictures of it and then got rid of the plate.

I'm going to do a layout of the plate soon.

I've got a few more things to get rid of after I take pictures. The decluttering is hard, but it feels good.