Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday is the Best Friday.

I woke up this morning in awe of my Creator. The love and the desire He has for each of His children, the forethought, the knowing, the plan and eventually the sacrifice He made to assure each one an eternity with Him is awesome. My heart is bubbling over today and I sit here on the verge of tears thinking of all that He's provided through His Son, my Lord, my Savior the one the only who could take away the sins of the world. Jesus you are truly my hero, my Rock, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, You are everything to Me. I am so comforted in knowing that in You I am more than a conqueror and that in You I always triumph and that in You, I am an overcomer by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony.

My heart is overwhelmed by all He was willing to give even if it had been just for me and yet I sit here contemplating the possibility of me learning to love like that? In Ephesians there is a prayer that asks for the saints to have their spirits enlightened to understand the length, width, depth and breadth of His Love for us, there are many many mentions of God being love and even a commandment that we love others as He loves us, and in that itself I have my answer. Yes, it is possible for me to love like that. He would not command us to do something that wasn't possible for us to do, right? 1 Corinthians 13 better known as the Love Chapter also reminds us that there is a way to love as He loved and He provides all the steps and all the information we need to know how LOVE loves, so its a choice, something we can grow into and in fact something He expects from us. I desire to reach the goals He has set before me and that includes walking my walk in love. Join me in reading 1 Corinthians 13 and practice walking it out one step at a time, I'm including a portion of Chapter 13 taken from the Message Bible and it puts plainly all the things that love is and isn't.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
I'll end with that because nothing I could say would be better than what God has to say on the subject. Have an awesome Good Friday...He loves you...so love somebody else!

1 comment:

sharon said...

Thanks for that 'sermon'... i particularly like the list of what love does... or doesn't. boy does that hit a note. I needed that today, as things aren't as "rosy" as they could be, or have been.... i imagine if i changed my attitude it would be better.... perhaps you helped. thanks. sharon