Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring???

It sure didn't feel like it when I walked outside this morning to go to work. In fact it is a good thing that its spring break and there is only about half the normal traffic or I'd have been late because there was ice on my windows. So, I cranked up the green machine and went back inside for about 10 minutes. Supposedly by this afternoon it should be feeling more like spring, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well, I have now made it through 2 days of healthy eating with no overeating. Yesterday I had a banana and oatmeal for breakfast, soup (didn't like it), few saltines and applesauce for lunch and then had a California Classic with Country Potato soup at McAlister's at dinner. All in all I felt good about the day and went to bed with no guilt regarding food. This is a definitive step in the right direction. I'm somewhat watching calorie, cholesterol and fat intake, but not being overly obsessive about it. My goal is to truly do what I know to do and live like I need to live forever without a bunch of rules, regulations and restraints that I have to pay attention to and will eventually return to old habits because I tire of the hassle. So as I said I'm loosely watching those areas and basically making healthier choices and eating average to small portions. And I FEEL GOOD about it.

Well, so far its a quiet day at work and probably will be for the rest of the week, its kind of a skeleton crew and that always makes for pleasant days. Nothing much on the agenda for today, but if I think of anything else I may post more later. If not then I hope that everybody has a beautiful and fun first day of SPRING.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

It definitely doesn't feel like Spring here! I'm thinking I might have to build a fire in the woodstove because I'm so cold.

I'm ready for sunshine and warmer temps. I want to have my windows open! I want to sit out on the deck in the sun and read.

I think I need to move away from New York. LOL!