Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On the road again....

....are ya'll tired of the same old song? I am but nonetheless I am on it. I did manage not to gain any weight this week, not exactly sure how I managed but I'm not complaining. So today is the first day of the rest of my life, isn't it nice that every day can be "that day", that God's mercy is new every morning and that His grace is truly sufficient for me. I am so very thankful that He doesn't give up and that with His Spirit living on the inside of me, I can never give up. I will keep fighting this fight and continue working towards my goals. According to that pretty little countdown clock over to the right I have 356 days left to get there. So today is as good as any to get started.

We did go get half of our grocery shopping done last night. We buy our meat at Kroger cause well, its just better than walmart. So we got that done last night and they had their boneless skinless chicken breasts for $1.87/pound, I was excited about that, I love chicken and can't wait to figure out some fun healthy ways to cook it. Rocky doesn't really like chicken, but I have come to the conclusion that most of the time he's not even home so why does it matter if he likes it or not, if I'm really cooking for myself? I can buy pork chops and chicken and fix him a chop and me chicken and voila...I have chicken and he doesn't. Sheesh...can somebody tell me why it took over 16 years to figure that out? Oh well, at least I've figured it out, that's what matters.
Tonight I'll go to Walmart and finish the shopping for all the other things we need. I know nobody probably really cares about my shopping but I'm bored so well I'm rambling in my blog, so if your bored ---- click the "X"!

I have a word for the week:

MODERATION - the quality of being moderate; restraint; avoidance of extremes or excesses; temperance.

Not only is this my word but it is also my focus. So for the rest of this week I am going to focus on avoiding excess and extreme amounts of food or unheatlhy items. Maybe having a focus will help me stay on track and see some progress this week.

So here I go off and running and hopefully doing something different will bring a different result, does that mean I'm moving beyond insanity?? Cause we all know insanity means to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. So if I do something different and expect a different result that must mean I'm bordering on being reasonably sane..RIGHT??

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Robin, I just wanted to tell you that your posts mean so much to me. I'm struggling with so many of the same things regarding food, it seems.

Keep keeping on! And know that I'm cheering you the whole way. You can do this.

Kaye (HappyCamper)

Amy said...

Just popping in to say HI Robin!! Love your new word...moderation! You go girl....such an inspiration!