Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No change...

...and in opinion that is better than a gain...but I also know its my own doing. Four good days + three bad ones do not make for a loss. Onto a new week and new challenges, but I hope to have some victories and see change next Tuesday, in a positive direction.

Well it's Tuesday and I probably should not even say this, but other than church I have absolutely no plans for the rest of this week!!! Maybe my life really is on the verge of returning to boring and that is the way that I like it. Maybe that will help me be able to focus on eating right and possibly start getting some exercise into my schedule. I think I'll start walking at lunch again several days a week until it gets really hot and miserable. I know busyness is an excuse but its a real excuse a true hindrance to eating healthy when you are always on the go. I plan to cook a good balanced meal for dinner tonight, Thursday night and I'll work on a plan for Friday night also. I really do want to make changes and do them long enough that they become lifestyle, its just been hard to focus with all the other things going on in my life for the past 3 months. But as I sit here realizing that I don't have to do anything but go to work for the next 5 days.....I feel more relaxed than I have in months. Who needs a bubble bath...just give me a week with no obligations, responsibilities or events to plan or prepare for and I'm a happy camper.

We got our new mattress last night. I got into bed and the first words out of my mouth were "i'm back on the cruise ship" and Rocky ever so rudely told me to wake up that I was dreaming, such a killjoy, hee hee. Anyways it is comfortable but in my opinion it seemed like we were both rolling towards the middle. I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet to get his opinion but I'm sure I will later. Hopefully after a week we will adjust, but if not then the other mattress is still at the house and we can swap back if we deem it necessary. If that happens we are going to have to seriously consider a sleep number bed at some point. We should both be able to have our needs met in the bed we sleep in and by this obviously I mean that he likes a firm mattress and I like a softer mattress, so get your minds out of the gutter. I got some new sheets for my birthday and they are chocolate brown and it made the bug to paint my room brown that much harder to ignore. But, I know there are other more pressing projects in our house for this year, so maybe next year our bedroom will get a makeover, but for now red it is and red it shall stay.

I guess that is all for now but it's only 10:20 a.m., there is no telling what other exciting things could happen throughout the rest of this day.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Just popping in to say HI, Robin! And 'chocolate' brown sounds like a really Yummy color. ;-)

Braxton's Mommy said...

Congrats on the no gain week!! I gained a pound :( but for 2 weeks and Easter I am ok with it!! Just have to work harder this week!! Hope you have a wondeful week!!