Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday again and I'm so very glad.

I can't believe it is already the 11th of January. Where does the time really go. Every work day seems like it lasts forever but then before you know it another month has come and gone. The whole time thing just escapes me I guess. Not to mention why is it that the hour you have for lunch is beyond a shadow of a doubt the shortest hour of the work day. They all have 60 minutes right, but it sure doesn't feel like it.


Tonight is Hannah's birthday party. She is having a sleepover, but it seems that most of the little girls already had plans for the evening (well their families did). We know that one little girl is coming. Not sure what the plan is at this point. If its just one girl I think we are doing dinner and a movie. I guess I'll post for sure after its over and then we'll all know how I spent my Friday evening.


I just went and walked around the block 2 times and up and down the stairs in the parking lot 3 times. I'm tired and its chilly out there. It feels good to get some exercise though. My thighs are screaming. I'm amazed at how much different it is to walk a mile on a treadmill and walk a mile outside. There are hills and concrete and well its just a bit more work to walk outside. I guess that is a good thing. Not to mention there are lots of cars and trees and things to look at outside. I won't be so thrilled about that when its 100 degrees out this summer, I'll have to come up with a new solution when that time comes around. For now outside is just fine.


Speaking of outside, this crazy Mississippi weather has the Bradford Pear trees along the sidewalk starting to bud. They are confused because its never gotten cold more than about 3 days at a time. Its nuts I tell ya. Yet, we stay and live and love good ole' Mississippi. It's home and I can't imagine being anywhere else.


Did I mention that our cruise is in 38 days? Well if not, I did now. We are so excited. We went last year and it was the best thing we've ever done. Now this year we are even more excited because 2 of our best friends will be joining us. We are talking about taking a Jeep excursion while we are in Cozumel. We get to drive a jeep through the jungle and ancient mayan town and then to the beach. It's so exciting just knowing its getting so close. We loved going in February because it was perfect weather, not to hot but perfect weather to enjoy being outside. It was amazing. I love having somebody else doing all the cleaning, cooking and seeing to my needs. CARNIVAL take us away!!! If you can't tell I am obsessed and would love to just live on a cruise ship.


Rocky is already thinking about his rules of piracy that he has been working on for a year. Funny story and most of you probably already know it but what the heck I'm bored so I'll tell it again. In fact there is a layout in my ASF gallery (in my cruise album) where I told the story, I'll post the pictur at the bottom of this link. Anyways, he is addicted to Diet Mt. Dew and didn't think about the fact that more than likely that would not be an option on the ship. Thankfully they did have plenty of diet coke so he was still able to have his caffeine. But about 3 days into the cruise he notices this young adult male who is carrying...yes you guessed it...a DIET MT. DEW. From that moment on I swear the guy was following us, because we saw him everywhere for the remainder of the cruise and he always had a diet mt. dew. Well, this torture brought on the idea that Rocky was going to become a pirate, he was going to find a way to get one of these beloved piece of citrusy treasure. I being the non pirate type person told him to go offer the guy $5 and he'd probably get one the easy way. Oh, no, it was much more fun to plot how to obtain one without paying for it or asking for it for that matter. (He was playing, but I often wonder if he had crossed his path in an empty hallway if he might have thought hard about getting that bottle, hee hee.) Anyways, it was hilarious and out of this was born "Whitebeard" which is the pirate name that I gave my sweet funny husband. I chose that name because he has a very distinguished white patch in his beard and I think its just very charming and of course he is the most handsome man ever so that just makes him even more attractive in my eyes. I think he'd have chosen a different name but its to late, he'll always be Whitebeard to me. At one point he was even trying to come up with a name for his monkey (that he doesn't have, ha), but I'm not sure we ever actually came up with a good name for the nonexistent little fella.


So, now that I've rambled about all things in my brain on this Friday morning and shared a funny but charming story about my wonderful husband I reckon I'll let this be the end. Hopefully you will all have a blessed weekend and be a blessing to somebody while you are at it. We are called to be a blessing so lets do it!!! In fact I challenge you to bless somebody with your time, your affection, your substance, even a kind word and tell me about it in my comment section. I'll be excited to read about you being a blessing on purpose on Monday!! Lovin' the Lord and glad its Friday...that's all folks.










1 comment:

sharon said...

ha... so humerous. loved your imput for the day. i had a wonderful time at ASF scrapping... although i didn't actually have my "mojo" for scrapping. i always enjoy the company. nope .. haven' been walking. seems i am letting different things interfere... like the weather, or scrapping. but i talked to bettye... from ASF and told her i must walk begining monday... i do so much better if i have someone to walk with and she has been helping me with being a walking partner... when our schedules allow. chin up!