Monday, January 14, 2008

Gotta love Mondays....

...or NOT. Mondays are definitely my least favorite day of the week, except of course those Mondays that are holidays. Oh yippee, next Monday will be one of few that is a good Monday. It was a fairly quiet weekend. Hannah had her sleepover on Friday night and one little girl named Blaze was in attendance. They had a great time and got along really well, so I don't think Hannah even thought about the fact that none of the other girls could come. We went and at at El Sombrero and I had a fajita quesadilla, little bit of beans and rice and it was good. Then we went to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks". It brought back so many good thoughts of my childhood Christmas'. Our favorite Christmas album was the Chipmunks Christmas. The movie was so darn cute that I found myself literally laughing out loud on more than one occasion. I can totally see me watching it again and if you know me you know that it is rare that I enjoy a children's movie that much. Amazing, now in just a few months time I have seen 2 that I would definitely recommend as fun, cute, warm, charming and clean. The other one being "Enchanted".

Saturday I did a little cleaning and a little scrapbooking, well sort of, I was working on a project for my friend Wendy K's birthday. I hope she loves it. Thankfully we also picked up Rocky's truck and that is a blessing because it definitely gets better gas milage than the Explorer or my dad's old dodge. I cooked dinner and we watched a few tv shows we had on the DVR and then watched a movie we had from Netflix. It was called "Lucky You" and starred Eric Bana and Drew Barrymore, not great, but not awful either. Definitely not one I ever even remember seeing a preview for on TV.

Sunday was church, lunch, a little more cleaning and the completion of the birthday project. Then I just watched TV, a little to much football, but I think I'm starting to "get it" and therefore its not so bad. Went to bed about 9:15 and watched Brothers & Sisters before I went to sleep. Now aren't you just thrilled that you kept reading and know all about my weekend.

It was quite cold outside this morning. I need to check the temperature and decide if I can handle walking outside today or I'll be pulling out the Walk Away the Pounds video tape at home this evening. Either way I will walk today.

I see that I didn't get any comments about the "be a blessing challenge" that I put out on Friday, but I bet its not because you weren't a blessing in some way, just that you didn't have time to post and tell me about it. And honestly I must say that since I didn't get out to much that I can't say that I was a blessing on purpose either, other than cooking for my hubby on 2 occasions in less than 24 hours, that is quite unusual.

Another challenge that I am challenging myself to. Our church reads a chapter of the bible together every day, Monday thru Friday. We get a bookmark every year so that we can keep up with what chapter we are on. We have done this for 3 years, I think. Well, I did really well for a long time and only missed on rare occasions. Well the last 6 months, I had gotten very lazy and well just plain wasn't doing it and I started off this new year determined to stick to it. So, today I started my day by reading Phillipians 4. I'll hold myself accountable to that also and report weekly on days that I did read and be honest if I missed one.

I guess there are no random thoughts at the moment, but I will leave you with this....Phillipians 4:19 says "my God shall supply all of your need according to His riches in glory" (i love that its according to His riches and not my checkbook, He is so faithful.)

35 days till we take off for the Wild Blue Yonder and I'm on a hunt for a nice dress to wear, I have a few feelers out hoping that somebody will own one that will fit me that I can borrow. I'll keep you posted on how the hunt goes. I don't wear dresses so I don't want to purchase one, but since I'm oddly shaped its hard to find one that fits that belongs to somebody else. We'll see how this hunt goes.

That's all folks...for now anyways.

No comments: