Wednesday, January 23, 2008

*SIGH*

Okay, so I did lose one pound if you don't consider that I got on and off the scale about 4 times till it said the right thing. Ugh...so I guess in reality it probably was less than a pound, but I'm going to claim it anyways. The small loss is my own fault.....we had lasagna last night and it was so good that I had a bit more than I should have. I ate by myself. I've been trying not to do that because there is no accountability, but sheesh, I can't wait on somebody to be around to eat for the rest of my life. This is when I have to do what my dear friend Wendy says I do best...overanalyze my situation. But, in this case I think its not a bad time to analyze as long as I don't over do it and beat myself up. The first 2 weeks of this journey were so easy and I was so caught up in the big losses that I stayed excited. Because of the big losses I got lazy the next week and only lost 2 pounds, which I know is healthy, but I guess since I'm watching Biggest Loser and they are disappointed with a 2 pound loss, I was to. So, because of that I was still lazy with my portions this past week. There were definite victories even though it was not really a week of great loss. I did not eat when I was not hungry, I did not overeat to the point of discomfort and I did exercise some.
When I look back on the week, I see that although I did have positive aspects I can see that I was disappointed in the previous week, therefore relying on myself and not paying attention, the reason the first 2 weeks were so easy is because I wasn't relying on me. I was relying on God whose grace is sufficient for me and His mercy is new every morning.
I have just spent a moment repenting for going it on my own again, so soon after the revelation that I can't do it on my own. I was reminded in that few moments that I am never alone, so to stop looking at dinner without Rocky as me eating alone. He never leaves me or forsakes me. This reminded me of somebody many moons ago (yes that was me), that invited God to dine with her when she blessed her food and then she also tithed her meals. Which enabled her to eat smaller portions since she was leaving 10% of it on her plate as an offering of obedience. I'm feeling inspired and ready to set off for a new week with God as my pilot and me returning to the co-pilot seat.
I will be fabulous by forty, because I will glorify God with my body and not just my spirit. He is worthy of all the honor and the glory! Where would I be without Him, I'm so thankful that even when I step off the path, He's always there to lead me back.
Now that I've owned up, analyzed and I'm ready for the week ahead of me, I feel better and relieved to have the reminder that I am not alone!! Thanks again for making the journey with me and being my cheerleaders...I definitely feel the support of those who love me!

No comments: