Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Schedule???

What is a schedule? Apparently my body is just not interested in being hungry for breakfast, lunch and dinner at normal times that the rest of the world would eat these 3 meals. Yesterday wasn't to bad, but I find myself having to bypass hunger to get to a normal eating time hoping that will help, but maybe the answer is to stick to the idea. Eat when I'm hungry? DUH!! I just hoped that I could manipulate my hunger into my time frame, apparently I have control issues, hee hee. So maybe I need to focus on the original idea, eat when my body tells me it needs fuel and if that is inconvenient then its inconvenient. Because I'm finding when I surpass by to much that I tend to eat more. So, now I'm back to eating when I'm hungry. I will make exceptions for times when I know we are going to dinner, but other than those times I'm back to eating when hungry, stopping when satisfied. Prime example, we went to dinner for my niece's birthday last night. I ordered a beef/cheese quesadilla, it wasn't that great, also got some rice, it was okay but not great, but because I had been hungry since about 3:30 and we ate at 6:30 I was so hungry that I ate all of what I ordered and didn't even enjoy it. This was a lesson indeed. I would not say I overate but I wasn't satisfied and therefore when I got home I justified myself eating some ice cream, not much but still I was not hungry and did not need it. Lesson learned for the day.

I am going to begin walking today (if it doesn't rain). I brought my tennis shoes and mp3 player and intend to walk around the block that I work on. I drove around it this morning and one time around is almost half of a mile. So if I walk it two times, that is almost 1 mile. My goal is to start out doing that 2 times this week, then up it one day every week. That should be fun once its dead of summer, but maybe then I'll opt to use my vcr tape and walk inside, but I have plenty of time before that is a concern. Although it was 75 yesterday and expected to be about that again today. Gotta love Mississippi weather. I was hoping when we got to January we might actually see some real cool weather. I don't want to be freezing but I would like to see enough of a winter if even a mild one to say we had winter.

I slept great last night, the night before I had several things running around in my brain and just could not get it to shut down. Those things have been settled and decisions made so last night made for a much better night of sleep. I love things that are settled.

My boss just brought me the newspaper so I'm going to read it. Thanks for tagging along....

No comments: