Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wasn't yesterday Monday???

It sure doesn't seem like it. Had issues with Carnival over cabin assignment yesterday, now today I just had to deal with DirecTV over a charge that wasn't supposed to be on our bill. How many ways do you have to say no thank you I don't want showtime, I want this off of my bill? Apparently about 5, cause that is what it took, the more I asked for the charge to be removed the more she tried to offer me? This was not a sales call, I was not looking to add anything to my service, I was not wanting to be hounded, I just wanted the correction made to my bill. Wow, okay, so that was nice little rant. It's been kind of how my day has been. One little thing after another has been getting way under my skin today. This would be a good reason to have read my bible chapter this morning instead of waiting till this evening. I did just take a quick trip the ladies room so that I could spend a minute thanking God for my life and my job and basically allowing Him to help me decompress. Now there is only 1 hour and 45 minutes left to this day.

Once I get home then I have a project to tackle. I have a new mat to go in my laundry room but its a bit larger than the area I have and the washing machine and dryer will need to be lifted, but I think I can at least clear everything out, sweep and mop and then lay it out and get Rocky to help tomorrow with the lifting of the heavy appliances to get it under them. It will be progress at least.

Wow, I walked to the Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile video last night, I made it to 1 mile. Then I quit. I was again surprised how out of shape I have gotten, it kicked my tail. But now my goal is to make it through the 2 mile and move on to the 3 mile. I will get there and I hope to get there before the cruise, but we shall see. I intend to walk again this evening since Rocky is at work. It is easier for me to walk when he's not home, cause if he's home obviously I value my time and want to spend it with him. I think I'm going to have a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner tonight using the bread that I made last night. I will only eat ONE! I promise. I will only eat ONE! I wish I had some soup to go with it, but I don't, so I reckon the sandwich will be more than enough.

Tomorrow is weigh-in and I'm a bit nervous. In looking over my food for the past 3 or 4 days, I must honestly say that I have gotten lax in my portions, so I'm a bit concerned about whether I have actually lost anything or not. But I do have an NSV, when I got in the little green jeep to drive to work yesterday my tummy was not touching the steering wheel, barely but it was definitley progress, so that is a good thing. I am so on my way to being Fabulous by Forty, really I am. Just keep watching and you will see. I never did get a before picture taken though, darn, I really need to get one taken so that when I've lost 50 or 60 pounds I have something to show for it, but I guess in reality any of the pics I was in for 2007 are close enough to before. The 10 pounds I gained in November and December mostly just showed up in my face and my gut, so okay that is settled, I can use just about any picture for 2007 as my before, so the one of me and Rocky on my profile can work. I was about 287 in that picture, so that will work.

Not much else to ramble about at the moment. Just pray for me when you think of me and pray that all the unsettled drama in the dungeon (work) will get settled and some peace will return to this fine establishment that I work for.

1 comment:

Amy said...

WooHoo....Robin's got a blog! Gonna have to add you into my fave list!