Monday, January 14, 2008

Tripped up...

...but that's okay I realize now that I have to not be lazy about my confidence. I've felt so strong and so sure that I had it made that I allowed myself to be lazy. If I had been on guard I would have stopped myself before I made bread and mac n cheese for the same meal that my husband was not going to be home to eat with me. I had never had this type of bread before, it's the beer bread by Taste of Gourmet...when it came out of the oven I had to have a piece. It was hot and buttery but I wasn't totally convinced that I liked it. Next issue, mac n cheese. It is like my most favorite thing in the world, if my whole world consisted of nothing but macaroni & cheese I think I could live like that, but because of that I should have been on guard. I wasn't. When mixing the cheese I of course had to taste it....3 bites. Which would have been okay had I made my portion smaller when I fixed my plate. Then I justified that I wasn't sure I liked the bread and so opted for another piece with my meal. I said all that to say, that I went a little overboard, not bad, but enough to feel closer to full than I have in almost 3 weeks. But the good thing is I am aware and on guard and will continue on my journey to being Fabulous by Forty. Lesson learned, the hard way but learned nonetheless.

Man, this accountability stuff is tough....it would have been easier to act like this didn't happen, but if I did that it would be easy to do it again tomorrow and that is how I got to be 297 pounds again. Never going backwards only going forwards.

No comments: